Thursday, March 19, 2009
My FACEBOOK 25 Random Things About Me
Lets get started:
1) WOW, its unreal when I look back at my life and try to think of only 25 things that I have done....
I have really been blessed to live a very adventurous and random life so far at a young age...
I feel like I should be like 100 years old by now with all the things I have done so far...haha
I am just happy I survived so far ;)
#1 seems like its so important and profound like its is the first chapter of a book or something so I will reveal something VERY juicy...drum roll please....I am acually an alien sent here from another galaxy to see if there is any intelligent life on this planet....unfortunetly....no luck so far...joking.
2) Ok, lets get serious now: Obvioulsy I don't take life tooo seriously, cause if I did I would never make it out alive...right? I believe life is short, so live it to the fullest while you still can...I sure do :)
3) I rode a camel through the Egyptian desert to attend a 10 day Rainbow Gathering in the middle of no where...literally....on my way out I lost my guide and my camel took off with my backpack and all my posissions on it...
I was stranded, alone with no water, no food...nothing...for hours....then I was found by a British couple. God bless the British!
4) I bought a car in Australia (were I travelled & backpacked for 1 year when I was 19) I put my surfboard on top and drove all across that MASSIVE country...
From Sydney all the way to Perth on the west coat, cruising all by myself...it was soooo cool & by far the best year of my life...so far:)
5) My favorate beer is VB (Victoria Bitter) & Guiness. (I am also Irish, so happy St Patricks Day :)
6) I am tall...6 foot 6 to be exact...so now you don't have to ask me that like every other person does when they first meet me. Thanks.
7) I moved away from home 1 week after I turned 18 & been 'on the road' ever since. I had a basketball scholarship to play university ball out of province...since then I have lived in so many different places its hard to keep track.
8) I lived in a beach hut for a month in Mexico.
I surfed every day & traded pesos for tacos & cerveza. IT was AWSOME!
9) I travelled across Europe for almost 3 months...the hardest trip was:
I rode a train for 5 days straight from Portugal to The south of Italy...then I got on a boat for 2 days to Greece...then got on another train for a day to Athens...then on another boat...then I finally arrived at the nicest island I have ever been on...Santorini. And slept for 48 hours straight....its hard work being a world traveller :)
10) I was stranded at the Canadian Embassy without a passport in Thailand....
Then on another trip I got threatend, robbed and almost jailed in Morocco for being a
'white tourist with $'
11) I love sushi, pizza, and Thia food. That is my diet right there.
12) I worked for the Sydney Olympics in 2000. It was an unbelievable experience and met SOOO many awsome people I am still friends with today...I LOVE OZ & can't wait for the Whistler Olympics!
13) After I won a 1000 bucks New Dears Day on my first trip to Vegas when I was 21, I extended my trip and decided to hichhike to go surfing in LA. I put the 1K in my sock & I was picked up by 3 shady spanish drug dealers that took me to multiple crack houses all around California making "drop offs' before they dropped me off.
It was probably one of the scariest things I have experience... but once agian, I survived...thank God.
14) You can rent me at Blockbuster...I have been featured in a few movies back in my 'acting days'
15) I think that the most attractive feature on others is their eyes and smile. I have been told that about myself aswell.
16) I have loved & I have lost...but I have always learned ALOT from all my relationships.
I am greateful for that.
17) I drove from coast to coast accross Canada! From Victoria to Halifax in 1 summer with 3 friends...what a wacky road trip:...so many speeding tickets, one of us got arrested then we fliped a coin with the cop to get him off, hilarious! We slept on strangers couches, I surfed in the pacific & atlantic ocean the same trip...then I ended up living in Montreal for a year with my buddy Jon after that coast to coast adventure because we both fell in love with the 'French style'...haha!
I miss the Montreal crew!
18) I sold everthing of value that I owned, including leaving school, taking out my student loan and renting out my place to livie in Mexico for a month to be able to afford to get started in my own Home Based Business to attend a conference in Mexico...best move I ever made...
19) I have the best boy in the world, Ethan Ashton Carlin...who is the reason I do the business that I do...
20) The two scariest things I have ever done is bundgy jumping & telling the judge that I want full custody of my son...because I once you take that first step...you have no idea how the cord / or court, will react and support the weight of your case.
21) I am a Christian / Catholic. I consider myself to be very spiritually aware of my thoughts and focus on the good in life...not the bad (Law of Attraction)..I visited Isreal and went to Jeruselum..WOW... now that is a Holy Land! Incredible history and energy there, EVERYONE deserves to experience that. I climbed Mount Sinia too :)
22) My Faviroate # is 22...and anytime I look the clock its always 22 after. bizzares.
My Favoriate song is "Bittersweet Symphony" The Verve
23) I serioulsy have the nicest mother in the world! I think Heaven is missing an Angel becuase this woman is such a siant I am so greatful to have such wonderful parents like I do. My dad is one of the funniest people I have ever met aswell. Thanks guys...and sorry for all the grey hair my 'crazy jetsetter lifestyle' has caused you...you have to agree, since Ethan was born I have chilled out alot...right?
24) Honestly, Lifestyle is VERY important to me. I sleep in everyday, I have never been able to (or wanted to) have a regular 9-5 job. I don't know how people have time for working jobs and all these insane hours...
As you can see, for the past 10 years maintaining my lifestyle is a full time job....
seriously, its a hard job but someones gotta do it :)
I always wonder how do people work 40 hours a week, and have time to do all the day to day stuff...like cook, clean, grocery shop, pay bills, work out, socialize, read, family time, LIVE?
How do you do it?
I work 20 hours per week from home and still don't have enought time for everthing I want / need to do...I think I need a 'life assistant'...any takers?
25) I have a goal to 'empower and inspire' (says Landmark Education) thousands of people to live a life of passion & action. I am so sick of seeing people with HUGE potential waste it away for some dead end JOB (Just Over Broke) and not follow thier dreams and wants.
Be DO Have. Simple as that people.
I feel that with all the things I have done so far, all the places I have been and all the people I have met in the past few years, the fact I am in my mid 20's makes me wonder...what the hell am I gonna do with the rest of my life?
I kind of feel like I have done it all....
Right now I have a project I am working on: completing a manuscript I wrote in college.
I feel that I need to write a full novel about these "25 random things"...as well as the hundreds of others that didn't make the cut that are not "Facebook Friendly PG 13"...hahah...
But seriously, if anyone has any connections or insights about how to submitt / publish or produce a novel for a frist time author...I am all ears to learn how this process works...
Thanks for listenting to my "25 random things"...
I hope they put a smile on your face and a thought in your head.
Your "Facebook Friend",
Quinton Carlin :)
PS My next goal is to live in a beachfront house in Hawaii, with a hot tub & hammock on my front deck overlooking the waves that crash meters from my front door.
Life is good....go out an play.
Wanna play with me & my team of 'Freedom Fighters"?